Agile Business Analyst
We’re looking for a super passionate Agile Business Analyst to join the Media Suite crew.
While your mad skills in the BA arena are definitely important to us (for obvious reasons), what we’re really after is someone with a genuine passion for Agile software development and being part of a passionate team. You’ll need to be committed to constant learning, knowledge sharing and professional development. You’ll be keen to step up and take initiative, working with our customers to mock-up solutions and define clear user stories for the development team all while collaborating to ensure the right solution is built.
At Media Suite, we have a wide range of clients, but we specialise in meaningful public sector work which will enable society (and government) to adapt. We create systems and software to solve challenging and meaningful problems in various domains. If you’re up for a challenge, you’ve come to the right place.
If you’re a top-notch facilitator, happy in the detail of a project and able to follow right through and deliver, read on!
What you'll need to bring
- Enthusiasm for living and breathing the detail
- An analytical mindset
- Skills in conceptual thinking
- Capacity to deeply understand the user and some complex problem domains
- A collaborative approach when defining solutions
- An appreciation for working within and around constraints
- Leadership when synthesising competing requirements
- Clarity when writing User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Capability to build wireframes or mockups (mostly of web-based systems)
- An understanding of the principles behind agile
- Agility when tailoring communications for your audience.
- An open mind
- A pragmatic approach to getting things done.
Paramount to this role are excellent communication skills, both verbal and written English. You will be having conversations, meetings and workshops with both clients and the development team, so the ability to speak with a variety of stakeholders with ease is essential. You will be required to compile concise and informative written presentations, technical documentation and various project artefacts. Your ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions is critical.
Your experience and qualifications
We are looking for the equivalent of:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in business analysis or a related field
- Native English speaker or able to demonstrate exceptional written and spoken English
We cherish our culture, so every hire we make is carefully considered. If you’re tempted to join the Media Suite team, be sure to read on and make sure our ideologies are aligned.
We are a team of curious-minded people who support each other, hold robust debates and don’t mind helping each other move house on the weekend. We thrive on challenges, we view our successes (and failures) as opportunities for growth, and we never, ever want to stop learning.
We value mindset over skillset and we believe the team is more powerful than the individual.
Our employment philosophy is simple. We look for the right people and then do what it takes to get them on board and keep them around. We aren’t scared to invest in the right people to help realise their potential.
- $2,000 professional development and training budget, plus time and space for learning
- $1,000 tech budget
- 4% matched kiwi saver contributions
- hardware needed for your role, usually a MacBook pro and dual monitors
- sit to stand desk
- barista lessons (so you can work the coffee machine)
- weekly learning lunch (the lunch is on us)
Location of work
Many of our development team work remotely, however, due to the collaboration requirements, this role is to be based in our Christchurch office.
About the work
We build web applications for local and central government, national and international business, along with a handful of charitable organisations.
Our projects are generally interesting. They are large enough to get your teeth into, but not so big that you get bogged down forever.
We are excited to solve real-world problems, actually making a difference in improving lives, the environment and efficiency.
How we work
Our mandate is to build the right thing by combining thoughtful design with clever technology.
We use various Agile methods to deliver our projects and continually reflect upon and make improvements to our systems and processes.
Please use the 'Apply' button on this page to submit your CV. Please ensure you include a cover letter including your experience and expertise along with some information outlining your background, current situation and why you think you would be a good fit within our team.
If you’re our next Agile Business Analyst, we want to hear from you!
Submit Your Application
- You have errors in applying