At Media Suite, we have a wide range of clients, but we specialise in meaningful public sector work which will enable society (and government) to adapt in a fast-changing world. We create systems and software to solve challenging and meaningful problems in various domains. If you’re up for a challenge and want to be surrounded by awesome colleagues who care deeply about what they do, you’re looking in the right place.
We are on the hunt for a highly organised and experienced QA lead who is excited by the prospect of defining and implementing a company-wide testing strategy from the ground up. You’ll be working with a team of passionate, creative and dedicated BA’s developers and Project Leads to ensure our partners have the best experience working with our software
Whatever your background, you will definitely need:
- Be comfortable defining and delivering a strategy in line with our partners needs
- To be fundamentally self-motivated;
- Experience managing multiple testing projects and pragmatically balancing dependencies and priorities both within and across projects.;
- To have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable presenting to external audiences and stakeholders.
- To be a passionate advocate for robust testing practices and quality assurance
- Be familiar and comfortable working within Agile methodologies
- Be comfortable working with developers and helping them to define test coverage in automated testing
- To be comfortable performing test execution and producing test reports
- Advising our agile teams to implement QA best practice in our projects
- Able to take lessons from our support teams and work with project teams to embed this for the future
- To have effective time management skills;
- To be open to new ways of working;
- Impeccable written and spoken english;
- To be curious and inherently motivated by review, feedback and improvement;
- To be willing to go the extra mile to make our partners & stakeholders happy.
Some of the practical day-to-day things you can expect to be doing:
- Guiding partners through test and deployment phases of a project
- Working with developers to increase our test automation coverage
- Working with our Agile BA’s to ensure our Users Stories are testable
- Creating test reports and standardising our QA processes
- Looking at new tools and working with the team to ensure we are using the best tools available
- Manual testing of projects
Skills, Experience & Education:
You will have relevant professional experience, we’d expect to see at least 5 years of manual or test automation skills (more would be exciting). You will require experience working with Agile methodologies and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people. Qualifications would be an advantage but not a prerequisite; your time in the trenches is what we value the most. We’d love to hear about where you’ve embedded QA practices in a young organisation or advocated for new testing practices in an existing one.
We’ll confess to a slight bias toward thinking of this role as full-time, however, if you’re a superstar with limited availability we’re open to exploring how part-time hours might work.
We encourage you to write us a covering letter telling us who you are, why you’d be a great fit for this role, and what you bring to the table.
We cherish our culture, so every hire we make is carefully considered. If you’re tempted to join the Media Suite team, be sure to read on and make sure we’re aligned.
Our mandate is to build the right thing by combining thoughtful design with clever technology. We use various Agile methods to deliver our projects and continually reflect upon and make improvements to our systems and processes.
We are a team of curious-minded people who support each other, hold robust debates and don’t mind helping each other move house on the weekend. We thrive on challenges, we view our successes (and failures) as opportunities for growth, and we never, ever want to stop learning. We value mindset over skillset and we believe the team is more powerful than the individual.
We are an equal-opportunities employer, we don’t just accept our differences, we celebrate our diversity and grow through sharing our unique experiences and perspectives. We are wholeheartedly committed to creating an inclusive environment that offers each of us the chance to thrive.
What we offer:
- An awesome team to work with;
- A place to grow;
- Interesting clients & varied projects;
- Competitive remuneration;
This role will be based in our Christchurch office, so being based in New Zealand with the right to work here is key.
If you have made it this far and are still interested, please upload your CV and cover letter by hitting the 'apply now' button.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
(no recruiters please)
Submit Your Application
- You have errors in applying